Dear Federico,
> it seems that I do not have a queuing system. Each time I submit a
simulation, it starts running in parallel with previous ones and my
laptop quickly collapses. I configured > simfactory with:
Indeed,
queuing systems are used on clusters to manage a large number of
simulations by different users. These are additional programs that are
not usually installed on laptops and local desktops, and cannot be
controlled by simfactory or the Einstein Toolkit. Therefore, every time
you submitted a simulation it started running immediately, i.e., in
parallel with those that you started before and presumably caused your
laptop to crash.
If you want to run multiple
simulations simultaneously you will have to do so on a cluster. On your
laptop you should be able to run small test simulations, and typically
one at a time.
> I've tried some scripting with .rpar files, but failed...
Could you please send us the parameter and logfiles? Otherwise it is difficult to access what goes wrong.
I
suspect that your runs overwrite each other, since they seem to have
the same name and run in parallel. That is probably why only the last
submitted simulation actually runs. As an easy check you could submit
two small runs with different names.
Best wishes,
Helvi