Hi Eloisa 

I installed gcc6 and changed the option list to point to that 

(CPP = cpp-6
FPP = cpp-6
CC  = gcc-6
CXX = g++-6
F90 = gfortran-6

CPPFLAGS =
FPPFLAGS = -traditional
CFLAGS   = -g -std=c11
CXXFLAGS = -g -std=c++14
F90FLAGS = -g -m128bit-long-double -fcray-pointer -ffixed-line-length-none

LDFLAGS = -lgfortran)


But when I run build, I get the error message

Configuration script for thorn FORTRAN returned exit code 1
     Error message: 'Fortran thorn requires that a Fortran compiler is defined, but F77 = 'none' and F90 = 'none'.  Aborting.’

I have searched for these expressions and found something in 

./lib/make/configure, but am not sure how/whether to change it.


Do you have any ideas?

Regards

Guy

On 20 Dec. 2016, at 7:31 am, Eloisa Bentivegna <eloisa.bentivegna@ct.infn.it> wrote:

On 19/12/16 19:31, Ian Hinder wrote:

On 19 Dec 2016, at 18:23, Eloisa Bentivegna
<eloisa.bentivegna@ct.infn.it <mailto:eloisa.bentivegna@ct.infn.it>> wrote:

On 19/12/16 14:10, Ian Hinder wrote:

I also see that the instructions
at
https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Simplified_Tutorial_for_New_Users
don't say "Read the top of the optionlist and install the required
packages", which they probably should.

Well, there is a Prerequisite section which instructs to pre-install a
number of packages, but of course this text can easily become
inconsistent with what is contained at the top of the optionlist. Much
better to just add a sentence like the one you suggest. Should I change
the page?

Sure, please go ahead!

Done:

https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Simplified_Tutorial_for_New_Users#Prerequisites

Feel free to tweak.

Best,
Eloisa
_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users