Hi all,

I was able to solve the problem with account creation, following Steven Brandt 's suggestion to check my ORCID settings.

In case anyone else encounters this issue:
- CILogon reads information from your ORCID profile that is public.
- Therefore, if you have set your email's visibility settings in ORCID in anything else but "Everyone", then CILogon will fail to read your email during account creation.
- Setting my email visibility settings to "Everyone" in ORCID allowed me to solve this issue.

best,
Panagiotis

Στις Πέμ 12 Ιαν 2023 στις 10:13 μ.μ., ο/η Panagiotis Iosif <piosif@auth.gr> έγραψε:
Dear ET users,

I am a new user trying to familiarize myself with the ET.

I tried following the instructions in the "Tutorial for new users" but I encountered a problem with account creation (in order to use the CactusTutorial.ipynb notebook online to get a feel for the basics).

I went to the web server, https://etk.cct.lsu.edu/, clicked on the "Sign in with CILogon" button and then I entered my ORCID credentials.

Afterwards I got (as expected) the "403: Forbidden" page, then clicked on "Request account" and answered the two questions.

However when I clicked submit, I got a page saying "Please provide a valid email address." and there is no way I can proceed further.

I noticed that in the "email" field, instead of an email address, my ORCID is automatically entered and I suppose that is the problem (see attached screenshots).

Do you have any suggestions as to how I can proceed and create my account?

Best regards,
Panagiotis Iosif

-------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Panagiotis Iosif
postdoctoral researcher
email: piosif@auth.gr; paniosif@gmail.com

Section of Astrophysics, Astronomy and Mechanics
Department of Physics
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
54124, Thessaloniki, Greece
-------------------------------------------------------------