Hi Bruno:
Bruno Giacomazzo wrote:
Hi,
I have some questions about the MHD version of GRHydro. Today I had a business meeting at the time of the telecon, otherwise I'd have asked them during the telecon. It is my understanding that the next release of the ET will happen next week and it will contain MHD. Did you do already some tests in GR? Did you try the evolution of BNS with magnetic fields?
We are still working on it. So I will have to answer you later on this.
I'd like to try to run the code with magnetized BNS and see how it compares with Whisky.
Surely! As soon as we get it tested, we can do a comparison.
As some of you know in the past I had problems with divergence cleaning (DC) when evolving BNS (strong violations of divB after the merger when the BH and the torus are formed when using AMR) and so I'm curious to see if the implementation of DC in GRHydro is more robust than the one I have in Whisky.
All I can say now is that the divergence cleaning implementation is
doing a good job of dumping and advecting away the divB violations.
I will get back to you, probably in the workshop, when the most
stringent tests are done.
Cheers,
Bruno.
Thanks,
Bruno
P.S.: I will try to join the next ET telecon, so that I can get an update before coming to LSU.
Dr. Bruno Giacomazzo
JILA - University of Colorado
440 UCB
Boulder, CO 80309
USA
Tel. : +1 303-492-0389
Fax : +1 303-492-5235
email : bruno.giacomazzo@jila.colorado.edu
web: http://www.brunogiacomazzo.org
----------------------------------------------------------------------
There are only 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand binary, and those who don't
----------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users