Hi Erik,

thanks for your quick reply. I'm not so worried about the error, it actually seems to be an MPI issue, even though MPI worked fine on the smaller cluster. Hopefully it isn't a pain to fix.

What I really want to know is the difference between the standard lapacke and intel's mkl one. Is the only difference between the two, if all I used before was functions defined in lapacke.h, to replace this with mkl_lapacke.h? The code seems to run fine with only this change, but I remember seeing somewhere standard lapack function calls but with mkl__ appended at the front. I want to know if I should also modify these function calls as well to make proper use of the mkl. The mkl_lapacke.h header file itself doesn't seem very insightful.

I can't seem to find much useful documentation on this through google...

Cheers,

Chris


On 03/24/2018 04:50 PM, Erik Schnetter wrote:
Chris

Can you say what is actually going wrong? We need to see an error message or similar to help out.

-erik

On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 03:38 Chris Stevens <c.stevens@ru.ac.za> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have just ported my code from a local cluster to larger one which uses intel mkl and wanted to clarify the changes I've made are the correct ones wrt the lapacke library:

-- In the local cluster, I had the option

LAPACK_LIBS = lapack lapacke in my .ini file

and used #include "lapacke.h" in the code.

-- In the bigger cluster, I now have to use intel mkl, and I have the following options in my .cfg

LAPACK_DIRĀ  = /apps/compilers/intel/parallel_studio_xe_2016/mkl/lib/intel64

LAPACK_LIBS = -mkl

which will only compile my code if I replace #include "lapacke.h" with #include "mkl_lapacke.h".

Question: Is this the right way to generalise to mkl lapacke?

Problem: The code runs fine on the local cluster, but breaks (not obvious where) on the larger one with the above changes. The lapacke functions seem to work OK at a glance, but seeing as this is the only thing that has changed this may still be the culprit.

Question: Do I perhaps need to change the lapacke function calls also? The mkl_lapacke.h header file doesn't seem to give much insight... I think I remember seeing somewhere calls replaced something like

LAPACKE_dgels -> MKL_LAPACKE_dgels

Thanks!

Chris

--
Dr Chris Stevens

Claude Leon Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Mathematics

Rhodes University

Room 5

Ph: +27 46 603 8932

Web: www.chrisdoesmaths.com

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
--
Erik Schnetter <schnetter@cct.lsu.edu>
http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/personal/eschnetter/


--
Dr Chris Stevens

Claude Leon Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Mathematics

Rhodes University

Room 5

Ph: +27 46 603 8932

Web: www.chrisdoesmaths.com