thank you! I figured that out, I was incorrectly running the Mac version of Simfactory on 
Nebula, that was causing the problem. 

On Wed, 28 Aug 2019 at 16:37, Haas, Roland <rhaas@illinois.edu> wrote:
Hello Tomas,

to run the tutorial online (ie via http://etkhub.ndslabs.org/) you do
not need to install any software. The "Prerequisites" section is only
used when you want to run the tutorial on your own laptop. The section
talking about xcode in particular is only used on OSX systems (Macs).

Yours,
Roland

> Hi,
>
> I am running the CactusTutorial online. In the section 'Prerequisites',
> we are told to install a few packages (xcode, gcc, git, etc). To try to do
> so, I
> opened a terminal within Jupyter, and typed
>
> sudo xcodebuild -license
>
> I got the error message:
>
> /bin/sh: 1: sudo: not found
>
> So, I can't download any of the prerequisites.
>
> I am able to continue and download Cactus with 'GetComponents' and
> run 'simfactory', but the build of 'einsteintoolkit' fails due to lack of
> the
> C compiler.
>
> Any advice?
>
> thank you!
> Tomas
>



--
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .

Aquest missatge, i els fitxers adjunts que hi pugui haver, pot contenir informació confidencial o protegida legalment i s’adreça exclusivament a la persona o entitat destinatària. Si no consteu com a destinatari final o no teniu l’encàrrec de rebre’l, no esteu autoritzat a llegir-lo, retenir-lo, modificar-lo, distribuir-lo, copiar-lo ni a revelar-ne el contingut. Si l’heu rebut per error, informeu-ne el remitent i elimineu  del sistema tant el missatge com els fitxers adjunts que hi pugui haver.

Este mensaje, y los ficheros adjuntos que pueda incluir, puede contener información confidencial o legalmente protegida y está exclusivamente dirigido a la persona o entidad destinataria. Si usted no consta como destinatario final ni es la persona encargada de recibirlo, no está autorizado a leerlo, retenerlo, modificarlo, distribuirlo o copiarlo, ni a revelar su contenido. Si lo ha recibido por error, informe de ello al remitente y elimine del sistema tanto el mensaje como los ficheros adjuntos que pueda contener.

This email message and any attachments it carries may contain confidential or legally protected material and are intended solely for the individual or organization to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or the person responsible for processing it, then you are not authorized to read, save, modify, send, copy or disclose any part of it. If you have received the message by mistake, please inform the sender of this and eliminate the message and any attachments it carries from your account.