Sorry I'm responding a few days late. I totally missed this conversation, as it was all sent to junk.


> I have just tried this with a private email address and indeed I cannot

> post ("Your message to Users awaits moderator approval").

When I emailed the list, I also received the "Your message to Users awaits moderator approval" message. I have never received any emails from the Users list, so I'm assuming that means I wasn't on the email list. I received a confirmation email (also in junk), so I followed its instructions and will hopefully receive User list emails from now on. If not, I'll be sure to let you know.


   Samuel Cupp

From: Gabrielle Allen <gaballen@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 7, 2017 1:19:07 PM
To: Roland Haas; Einstein Toolkit Users
Cc: Ian Hinder; Cupp, Samuel
Subject: Re: [Users] Joining users email list
 

Just want to add that I think the preferable way to get onto the mail list is not through the mail list page, but to sign up on our interface as a member of the Einstein Toolkit Consortium

http://einsteintoolkit.org/members.html



Which automatically puts you onto the mail list, and also helps us in understanding more about who is using the toolkit and explaining our userbase to our funders. If you are reading this mail and not listed on our members pages, please think about adding your name and institution.

Gabrielle

> On Nov 7, 2017, at 8:27 AM, Roland Haas <roland.haas@physics.gatech.edu> wrote:
>
> Hello Ian,
>
>> It doesn't say anything about subscribing, or needing to.
> As far as I know subscription is required. Try eg to post with say a
> gmail address that you have not subscribed to the list (eg using
> gmail's web interface).
>
> I have just tried this with a private email address and indeed I cannot
> post ("Your message to Users awaits moderator approval").
>
>> Can someone who is an administrator of the list check to see what the
>> setting is?  If people need to subscribe, then we should give
>> instructions on the web page.
> See above.
>
> Yours,
> Roland
>
> --
> My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
> and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .


> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> Users@einsteintoolkit.org
> http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users