Thanks! I've submitted a job with more processes, will let you know how this goes. 

On 19 May 2015 at 11:32, Ian Hinder <ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de> wrote:

On 19 May 2015, at 20:14, Geraint Pratten <g.pratten@sussex.ac.uk> wrote:

Hi all,

I am getting the following error and I'm not sure what could be causing it:

  (line 447 of /mnt/pact/gp234/NR/Cactus/arrangements/CactusNumerical/RotatingSymmetry180/src/rotatingsymmetry180.c):
  -> TAT/Slab can only be used if there is a single local component per MPI process

​Typically the ​simulation (e.g. the qc0-mclachlan or the pre-packaged BBHLowRes) will run for a few hundred iterations before hitting this error and terminating. Has anyone come across this error before? Or is it just a case of re-submitting the job from a checkpoint? 

If anyone needs more information, just let me know! 

You need to have at least as many MPI processes as "components" which are the rectangular regions that Carpet splits the domain into.  Try increasing the number of processes you are running on. 





--
Geraint Pratten

Mobile: +44(0) 7581709282
E-mail: G.Pratten@sussex.ac.uk
Skype: geraint.pratten

School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences
Pevensey 3 Building
University of Sussex
Falmer Campus
Brighton
BN1 9QH
United Kingdom