Hi Maria,

I created a direct plot of Carpet's AMR grid structure (from CarpetIOASCII 2D) for a compact binary. I added black circles to denote the compact binary components. I attach the image to this email.

-Zach

*     *     *
Prof. Zachariah Etienne
Physics & Astronomy Dept.
West Virginia University


On Tue, Mar 2, 2021 at 10:10 AM Hamilton, Maria <babiuc@marshall.edu> wrote:
Are there any pretty pictures that would show the AMR grid structure implemented by Carpet? 
🙂
I know that long time ago I had an undergrad student generate something like that for me for a particular run. 
I'm looking for something more general and professionally made, like the pictures in this paper
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0021999113000740?via%3Dihub
Direct discretization of continuum kinetic equations, like the Vlasov equation, are under-utilized because the distribution function generally exists …

Maria

_______________________
Maria C. Babiuc Hamilton, Ph.D.
Professor, Department of Physics 
College of Science, Marshall University,
1 John Marshall Drive, Huntington, WV, 25755
Room S 257, Phone: (304)696-2754

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users