Hi Roland,

thanks for the quick response.

Great points. I wasn't really sure how to use the backtrace, but now following the addresses there I found that the problem was in the Outflow thorn. In fact, paying closer attention to the parfile you shared a while back, I see that you don't use the Outflow thorn. Is it possible to use it within Llama maybe tweaking the "coord_system" parameter or the interpolator? Or should I consider alternatives?

Thanks again.

Cheers.

El jue, 21 oct 2021 a las 13:03, Roland Haas (<rhaas@illinois.edu>) escribió:
Hello Luciano,

> I'm following a simple parfile in LlamaToy that uses Thornburg04nc and one
> that Roland shared a few months ago but I'm having seemingly basic issues.
> In particular, I'm getting the following error:

> In the code, it's mentioned that this could be a problem from CarpetInterp?
> but not sure what's going on, honestly. I attach the parfile and the full
> .out, .err.

Based on the error and the comment in the code around the assert,
namely:

        // This does not hold if the caller requests the same
        // interpolation to be done into different output arrays.
        // This may happen e.g. when CarpetInterp needs to
        // differentiate in time.  This is arguably a performance bug
        // in CarpetInterp.  (See whether this goes away now.)  (It
        // should!)

something seems to request data at a time not commensurate with the
coarsest timestep.

Since you have no mesh refinement that is somewhat strange.

Could you provide one of the backtrace.txt files? So that one can get
some idea which part of the code called the interpolator?

Looking at your parfile (thank you for including it) You should be able
to use:

Carpet::prolongation_order_time  = 0

since you only have 1 refinement level and also remove

CarpetLib::restriction_order_space   = 3

which is not used for unigrid (or vertex centered refinement where
restriction is always an exact copy so has infinite order).

Neither of these two should really do anything to your run though. The
only effect may be that setting

Carpet::prolongation_order_time  = 0

may give you a more useful error message from a routine earlier in the
call stack.

Yours,
Roland

--
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .


--
Luc Combi
Instituto Argentino de Radioastronomía 
CONICET, Buenos Aires, Argentina