Hello Zack,
you may be running out of memory. Building Cactus is quite memory
intensive (in particular compiling auto-generated C++ code in McLachlan
and the linking step).
kill 9 is what happens is the OS kills a process due to running out of
memory (you can try and look for an error message the contains the word
OOM for out-of-memory).
If you can I would try and reserve at least 3GB of memory (2GB is known
to fail if eg a browser is open at the same time and you try and
compile even with 2 parallel build processes) for the VM.
Yours,
Roland
> Hello,
>
> I'm attempting to build the Einstein Toolkit for the first time, following the new users guide online.
>
> I keep getting the attached error at the end of compilation. I cannot seem to figure out what it means.
>
> Here are my specs:
> Running Ubuntu 18.04 on VMware Workstation 14, giving 2GB RAM, 2 cores, and 20GB of hard drive space.
> 8th Gen Core i7-8550U processor
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Respectfully,
>
> Zack Vogel
> B.S. Computer Science
> Georgia Institute of Technology, 2020
--
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from
http://pgp.mit.edu .