At 2026-10-01 23:10:41, "Yuhua Li via Users" <users@einsteintoolkit.org> wrote:
Dear all,Following my previous updates, I would like to report progress on applyingthe samplers to the GW150914 binary-black-hole (BBH) spacetime on a 3-level Carpet AMR mesh -- the first fully realistic (non-stationary) testcase for the geodesic probe.Completed this week: the aei sampler (metric_interp=aei, time_interp=linear). The 100-particle geodesic run at 256 resolution reproduces thereference run exactly: all compared steps (t = 0 .. 0.3356, 40 particleblocks of 100) agree to full double precision, with 0 dropped particles and0 NaNs. At 128 resolution the t=0 block likewise matches a 2048 reference tofull precision, and the residual difference at t=0.2753 (position ~5e-4) isconsistent with the expected convergence of the sampler. In short, aei onthe GW150914 AMR evolution is now verified and reproducible.Still under test (no result this week): the remaining samplers (local27 andits time-linear variant l27lin, plus carpet) on the BBH AMR mesh. Inparticular l27lin shows particle loss in the strong-curvature region nearthe horizons; I am debugging the metric/Christoffel sampling path there. Ihave no conclusion to report on them yet.So this week's deliverable is a single, clean result: aei on GW150914 isverified reproducible. The other samplers on the BBH AMR remain underverification, and I will report a concrete result once they pass.As before, I am most comfortable continuing in writing. Any questions orsuggestions on the strong-curvature path are welcome.Best regards,Yuhua Li