prolongation='none' is one of the possibilities; there are other prolongation types, e.g. sync, restrict, or copy.
On 12/12/2011 12:11 PM, Erik Schnetter wrote:I haven't declared it with prolongation=none, but I never interpolate
Other causes for a timer interpolation may be a spatial interpolation at
a time where the coarse grid does not exist, or a reduction operation at
such a time (e.g. for scalar output).
it, reduce it, or sync it.How do I do this?
How do you declare this variable? You may need to explicitly tell Carpet
to leave this variable alone, or to report an error when such an
operation is attempted.
Users@einsteintoolkit.org <mailto:Users@einsteintoolkit.org><mailto:knarf@cct.lsu.edu>> wrote:
On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 10:32:55AM -0500, Yosef Zlochower wrote:
> -> Internal error: extrapolation in time. variable=LAZEV::dotalp
> time=118.90625 times=[118.9375]
>
> I am unsure how the times could have gotten out of sync at such a
late
> time in the simulation without getting out of sync earlier. I also
> do not understand why a time interpolation should have been attempted
> in the first place. I don't sync or attempt to interpolate this GF.
Do you regrid at that time? It might happen that in order to regrid at
that particular time Carpet would need to interpolate in time, and it
didn't do before because levels might have been lined up at the time of
regridding.
Frank
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)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=fBiL
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
--
Erik Schnetter <schnetter@cct.lsu.edu <mailto:schnetter@cct.lsu.edu>>
http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/
--
Dr. Yosef Zlochower
Center for Computational Relativity and Gravitation
Assistant Professor
School of Mathematical Sciences
Rochester Institute of Technology
85 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, NY 14623
Office:74-2067
Phone: +1 585-475-6103
yosef@astro.rit.edu
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including
attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this
information.