It's true that thorn documentation can easily go out of date, but if the .tex file is date-stamped (or even release-stamped), it should inform the reader as to how up-to-date it is. And the current alternative is no documentation at all ...
On 2 Apr 2013, at 23:16, "Kelly, Bernard J. (GSFC-660.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY]" <
bernard.j.kelly@nasa.gov> wrote:
Hi.
I recently went through the main McLachlan_BSSN.m Kranc/Mathematica
script, noting the exact form of the BSSNOK evolution equations, as well
as their CCZ4 and GSFC variants. It occurred to me that these would be
useful things to have in a human-readable format, as part of the ML_BSSN
(say) thorn documentation. But of course, there *is* not ML_BSSN/doc
directory by default.
Can McLachlan.m incorporate external documentation? Perhaps something
stored in the "prototype" subdirectory could be added to the newly
generated thorn?
There is arrangement documentation in McLachlan/doc. This could be added to. I have always wanted Kranc to output documentation LaTeX files including the equations in tensorial form, but have not implemented this. One problem was that there was no good
way to automatically line-break the equations in LaTeX. I think there are some hacks, but nothing reliable. I would prefer the equation documentation to be automatically-generated, as otherwise it risks becoming out of date.