Hi Roland,

Thanks for your feedback! I just confirmed that simply changing the scheduling from GLOBAL,LOOP-LOCAL to GLOBAL-EARLY,LOOP-LOCAL every 64 iterations fixes the problem. The output also seems to agree with the case in which the myadmbaselapse=alp function is scheduled in CCTK_POSTRESTRICT (and CCTK_ANALYSIS), every 64 iterations.

I think I'll use this strategy to fix my problem, since it does not involve scheduling an additional function inside schedule.ccl.

Is it obvious to you why I do not see any undefined values when scheduling in CCTK_ANALYSIS at every iteration?

-Zach

*     *     *
Zachariah Etienne
Assistant Professor of Mathematics
West Virginia University

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 1:46 PM, Roland Haas <rhaas@aei.mpg.de> wrote:
Hello all,

> If you are scheduling everything in GLOBAL (which is the same as
> GLOBAL-LATE in ANALYSIS) then your OUTPUT will be incorrect since OUTPUT
> is happening in LEVEL mode thus refinement level 3 is output before the
> GLOBAL routine (which runs along with level 0) is executed.
Oha, obvious not the right statement. GLOBAL-LATE will happen last but
this happens to be the highest refinement level. Still the effect is the
same OUTPUT happens before GLOBAL-LATE for all but one refinement level
(that refinement level being the finest one).

This can be seen in Carpet's Evolve.cc file in the CallAnalysis routine.

Yours,
Roland

--
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users