Comer

Thanks. It seems that MPI was built against a different C++ library. I now think that the package "openmpi-default" is wrong; there should be "openmpi-gcc49" instead. If so, then this is an error in the instructions we list in the osx-macports.cfg file. Can you uninstall openmpi-default, and install openmpi-gcc49 instead?

-erik


On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 3:28 PM, Comer Duncan <comer.duncan@gmail.com> wrote:
Erik,

Sure.  Here you go.

ComerMacProRetina:Cactus comerduncan$ g++-mp-4.9 --version
g++-mp-4.9 (MacPorts gcc49 4.9.2_1) 4.9.2
Copyright (C) 2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

and

ComerMacProRetina:Cactus comerduncan$ /opt/local/bin/mpicxx --version
Apple LLVM version 6.1.0 (clang-602.0.53) (based on LLVM 3.6.0svn)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin14.3.0
Thread model: posix

I just did my usual macports maintenance script yesterday:

ComerMacProRetina:bin comerduncan$ cat portupdateupgrade
echo '------------selfupdate------------------'
sudo port selfupdate
echo '------------outdated ports--------------'
sudo port outdated
echo '------------upgrade outdated ports------'
sudo port upgrade outdated

Has macports stuff been polluted? I note that on May 20 the software update for mac osx included installed updates of Xcode to version 6.3.2 and Command Line Tools version 6.3.  I am wondering whether the attempts at building Cactus intersected macports updates performed with updated Xcode/Command LIne Tools, so that the macport collection might be in somewhat of a conflicted state?

Comer

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 3:16 PM, Erik Schnetter <schnetter@cct.lsu.edu> wrote:
Comer

I agree with you that the PAPI errors seem harmless.

The problem seems to be that something is wrong with vectorization. The error is reported inside a compiler-provided file. I don't know why these errors would now suddenly appear, as they were not there before. It looks as if something related to the C++ compiler changed.

This is quite annoying, since several of us tested this option list, and it worked for all of us...

Can you send us the output of

g++-mp-4.9 --version

and

/opt/local/bin/mpicxx --version

?

-erik


On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 2:44 PM, Comer Duncan <comer.duncan@gmail.com> wrote:
HI Frank,

I am running 10.10.3 (14D136) on a macbook pro with the following properties:

Version 10.10.3 (14D136)
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
Processor 2.5 Ghz Intel Core i7 (4 cores)
16 GB with 1TB SSD

I am up to date with macports (I do this every week or so).

I noticed complaints about papi but since builds don't crash with such complaints I forged ahead. I also note in the build logs multiple mentions (1405!) of Nonexistent include directories.  How come such warnings are there in a new release?  Maybe unrelated or not worth worrying about? 

Please help.

Thanks.

Comer


On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 2:30 PM, Frank Loeffler <knarf@cct.lsu.edu> wrote:
On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 01:52:25PM -0400, Comer Duncan wrote:
> I have rebuilt Hilbert using the new detect.pl file suggested and get a
> make crash but this time referring to seemingly different compile problems.
> I have pasted the build4.log file to http://pastebin.com/kECKTkqr

Which Mac OS version do you have again? Could it be connected to this?

  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15963277/performance-api-on-mac-10-8

(there is no solution given there, but the symptoms fit)

Frank





--




--
Erik Schnetter <schnetter@cct.lsu.edu>
http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/personal/eschnetter/