Hi Frank, I'm not 100% sure that I will be able to join today telecon, but there is something I would like to ask.
Last week I was discussing with Eloisa Bentivegna about the possibility of organizing a small ET workshop (10-20 participants?) here in Trento the week after the Marcel Grossmann meeting in Rome (i.e., the week of July 20). There may be a small amount of funding available for this, including some money from the Trento physics department (the deadline for application is January 15). In case there is sufficient interest, I can start looking for funding at the beginning of January.
The idea behind this small workshop is both to discuss about new ET developments that are of interest to EU and non-EU ET developers and users, but also to discuss about the role of EU in the Einstein toolkit and about the possibility of hosting a larger ET workshop and an ET school here in Trento in 2016. As you may know, in Trento we have the ECT* (
http://www.ectstar.eu/) which provides very good facilities for organizing such events and the deadline for proposals is usually in the summer (i.e., August 2015).
Cheers,
Bruno
Hi
Please consider joining the weekly Einstein Toolkit phone call at
10 am US central time on Mondays. As usual, you can find instructions
how to join on the following web site:
http://einsteintoolkit.org/community/support/
In short: the number is (+1) 225-578-4942 and the conference
id is 118682#.
As you can see above, the toll-free number was discontinued. I am
investigating alternatives.
Too many tickets have been worked on since last week to be mentioned
here (>~60). Most but not all on the other hand was ticket-maintenance.
If you are interested in one of these (or any other) issue, the next
call would be a good opportunity to raise your voice. Also, I would like
to point to currently 6 tickets in "review" state, waiting for someone
to approve them [1]. The main trac wiki page has also been re-ordered
[2].
This call will also be the last for this year, with the first in 2015
scheduled on Jan 12th, usual time and place. In case you cannot join the
call, let me wish all of you already here a merry Christmas and a happy
2015.
Frank Loeffler
[1]
https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/query?status=review&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=reporter&col=time&col=component&order=priority
[2] https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/wiki
<signature.asc>_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Dr. Bruno Giacomazzo
Department of Physics
University of Trento
via Sommarive 14
38123 Trento
Italy
Tel. : +39 0461281631
email :
bruno.giacomazzo@unitn.itweb:
http://www.brunogiacomazzo.org----------------------------------------------------------------------
There are only 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand binary, and those who don't
----------------------------------------------------------------------