Hi Frank,How was the performance of KNL? I had a chance to run qc0 on a KNL test machine here (single node). It was 4.6x slower than Haswell 2.3GHz (AVX). The tests were done with -O1 option to bypass the issue of Intel 17.
More on the machine:KNL 7230Centos 7.2 with xppsl-1.4.3Intel compiler 17.0.1Quadrant modeCache/Flat modes tested with AVX512/AVX2/AVXVectors thorn is going to be updated for AVX512?
Please take a look at the attached option file.Hee Il2016-11-23 6:42 GMT+09:00 Frank Loeffler <knarf@cct.lsu.edu>:______________________________On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 04:37:19PM -0500, rahul kashyap wrote:
Let me port first and then I'll follow your instructions for the tests.
I've put together an experimental simfactory entry to the new nodes. It runs, and tests pass (except the ones from Dissipation). It should be considered experimental because it does not fully implement proper logging in, and I also used a compute node to compile (because I didn't want to mess with cross-compiling on my first try). This works, but makes using the machine a bit more 'hand-work' than others.
I'll upload those soon to simfactory, marked as 'experimental'.
Frank
_________________
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users