Hello,

I am not sure if I can join the call tomorrow, but I'd like to say something about kuibit
and the new release. 

TLDR: I released a bugfix update to kuibit, I would like to release a second update
to cleanup dependencies but this is currently blocked by another python package.
This second update would only affect kuibit developers, so it is not a big deal if I cannot
release the new version in time.

Longer info:

I recently released kuibit 1.3.4 (the previous ET release was using 1.3.3). This is a bug 
fix release with nothing tremendously interesting going on. Ideally, I would like to 
release a second tiny update for the new ET release. This update would only improve
compatibility with Python 3.10. At the moment, you can install and use kuibit with 
Python 3.10, but if you want to develop it, there are some extra difficulties. The core
of the problem is that VTK has not distributed wheels for Python 3.10 yet, but this is 
scheduled to happen soon, hopefully
(https://discourse.vtk.org/t/vtk-9-2-0-release-cycle/8149). If that happens, the new release
of ET should include kuibit 1.3.5, otherwise 1.3.4 will work fine. 

The next major version of kuibit (1.4) will drop support to Python 3.6 and Python 3.7
(it is becoming impossible to manage dependencies for older versions of Python).

Best,
Gabriele

On Wed, May 11, 2022 at 3:04 PM Roland Haas <rhaas@illinois.edu> wrote:
Hello all,

Unfortunately I dropped the ball on the Spack tutorial tomorrow and it will ha e to be delayed by a week. So one more round of pre-release updates tomorrow.

Yours,
Roland

----- Original Message -----
From: users@einsteintoolkit.org
Sent: 2022-05-09 - 15:18
To: users@einsteintoolkit.org
Subject: [Users] Agenda for Thursday's Meeting

> Please update the Wiki with agenda items for Thursday's meeting. Thanks!
>
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/meeting_agenda__;!!DZ3fjg!8z41fyqajbXcv4gRH6VS2Jhpu_a-HLGpgaun0PSGT_jmVinUCdzo22_lbq8Fvl-3sDvy6l-kjGnvUqb9OigQ$
>
> --The Maintainers
> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> Users@einsteintoolkit.org
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users__;!!DZ3fjg!8z41fyqajbXcv4gRH6VS2Jhpu_a-HLGpgaun0PSGT_jmVinUCdzo22_lbq8Fvl-3sDvy6l-kjGnvUjnPG_Ey$


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users