On 21 May 2011, at 18:44, Barry Wardell wrote:

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 4:12 PM, Scott Hawley <scott.hawley@belmont.edu> wrote:
Great.  Thanks Ian.   I haven't tried simfactory yet -- I've been a bit out of the loop  --- I was just noting that the latest version of Cactus I downloaded a couple days ago said that I was on a new architechture

I'll take a look at simfactory.

If you prefer to use MacPorts, there is also an optionlist for that included with SimFactory. You can get it from:

https://svn.cct.lsu.edu/repos/numrel/simfactory/branches/PYSIM_2010/mdb/optionlists/macos-macports-gcc.cfg

Both this and the Fink optionlist can be used independently of SimFactory, although overall using SimFactory makes life easier. 

Note that both also use the version of OpenMPI bundled with OSX which should be fine for most use cases, the most notable exception being if you need a Fortran interface to OpenMPI.

I would also recommend against using the python version of simfactory.  In my opinion it is not yet ready for "prime-time".  

-- 
Ian Hinder