Hello,

I am trying to read the MoL:ErrorEstimate outside of the StepSize.c routines.  For some reason it doesn’t work.  Is there something special that I need to do to get access to this GridFunction?

-DG

-- 
David Garrison, Ph.D. 
Associate Dean for the College of Science and Engineering, 
Professor and Founding Chair of Physics
University of Houston-Clear Lake 
Bayou 3611
Houston, TX 77058 

Phone: 281-283-3796 
https://www.uhcl.edu/science-engineering/faculty/garrison-david 
http://www.uhcl.edu/physics

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" — Albert Einstein. 




On Jul 26, 2023, at 3:10 PM, Erik Schnetter <schnetter@gmail.com> wrote:

David

This happens in the file "RK45.c" in line 252. The loop there accesses
the "gamma_array" with the error estimation coefficients and then
calls "MoL_LinearCombination" to estimate the error.

-erik

On Wed, Jul 26, 2023 at 3:02 PM Garrison, David <Garrison@uhcl.edu> wrote:

Hello,

Where in the MoL is the error estimates for RK45 calculated?  I can’t seem to find that in the source code.  Somehow they are written to the MOL::ERRORESTIMATE grid function but I can’t see where that is done.

-DG

--
David Garrison, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for the College of Science and Engineering,
Professor and Founding Chair of Physics
University of Houston-Clear Lake
Bayou 3611
Houston, TX 77058

Phone: 281-283-3796
https://www.uhcl.edu/science-engineering/faculty/garrison-david
http://www.uhcl.edu/physics

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" — Albert Einstein.




_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.org
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users__;!!BCR0FSePrR4x!Em13k9KPwXveeqJOOqlFutrEYS-ZUde1eKk2-LVx-O4_SOfK0tMIjXjtuQk_d5z7g1NIZy5WdrSXBljmrA$ 



-- 
Erik Schnetter <schnetter@gmail.com>
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/personal/eschnetter/__;!!BCR0FSePrR4x!Em13k9KPwXveeqJOOqlFutrEYS-ZUde1eKk2-LVx-O4_SOfK0tMIjXjtuQk_d5z7g1NIZy5WdrRu-sGDzw$