Dear Roland,

Thank you very much for your kind response. I thought the problem was my laptop's name due to the @ character, so I decided to change the name, and I also modified the .zshrc file so my host name looks cleaner in the shell. However I still have the same problem. I am attaching the output you asked for. I also tried your solution, but I got the same problem.

Thank you in advance for your help   

Best wishes,
Camilo

----- Message from Roland Haas <rhaas@illinois.edu> ---------
    Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 13:08:40 -0500
    From: Roland Haas <rhaas@illinois.edu>
Reply-To: users@einsteintoolkit.org
Subject: Re: [Users] Einstein toolkit installation issues
      To: Camilo Posada <camilo.posada@physics.slu.cz>
      Cc: users@einsteintoolkit.org

Hello Camilo,

I have not quite seen that error before. From the output it would seem
that simfactory's setup-silent command is not happy with the machine
names that it picked. Did you name your laptop "compos@MacBook" (you
can check this via the "Sharing" preferences on the "System
Preferences") by any chance?

Can you let me know what "hostname -f" outputs?

The simplest way to work around this for you is to create a file named
".hostname" in your $HOME with the name you would like simfactory to
pretend your laptop is named eg this command should do:

echo >$HOME/.hostname "compos_MacBook"

Yours,
Roland
Hello,

My name is Camilo Posada, and I'm currently a postdoc at the Silesian University in Opava (Czech Repubic), working on relativistic astrophysics. I have been interested in learning about the Einstein toolkit, so I decided to give it a try and install it. I have been following the instructions found in the documentation, but I am having some issues (see attached screenshot) which I have not been able to figure out. Could you please help me with this?

I am running a MacBook Air, with macOS Catalina 10.15.4

Thank you in advance

Kind regards,

   
  Camilo Posada, Ph.D.
Institute of Physics
Silesian University in Opava
Bezručovo nám. 13, CZ-74601 Opava
--
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encryptingand signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .



----- End message from Roland Haas <rhaas@illinois.edu> -----

Camilo Posada, Ph.D.
Institute of Physics
Silesian University in Opava
Bezručovo nám. 13, CZ-74601 Opava