Hello,

the VisIt 2.6.2 binary for Mac OS X also comes already parallelized, which is awesome, because installing VisIt from source was a major pain... 

just start VisIt with ./Visit -np # where # is the number of cores you want to use..

best wishes,

Vassili


On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 8:08 PM, Scott Hawley <scott.hawley@belmont.edu> wrote:
Maria,

  After seeing Frank's email that CarpetHDF5 reading is now integrated
into Visit 2.6, I downloaded the Mac binary for 2.6 and found that it
works -- I can read Carpet HDF5 data without doing anything special.   And
no need to compile Visit from source. :-)

I still, however, find it necessary to start VisIt from the command line
with the "-noconfig" flag, because I can't seem to get it to properly use
"localhost" as a host on the Mac.

e.g. I run this...
% /Applications/VisIt.app/Contents/Resources/bin/visit -noconfig

...and I haven't bothered trying to get parallel-rendering working yet.

Cheers,
Scott


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users