Hi,
Could I please get some help getting simfactory to run on a cluster?
If I do sim setup, it will create a machine.ini
with only one node.
The problem is that a cluster has many
nodes, and each node has a different name and sim will
refuse to run on a node with a different name.
The instructions read:
"It is likely that you will have to further customize this file"
The instructions also let me know that:
"the setup command will also create a new machine definition for the local machine in simfactory/mdb/machines.
You may also have to add extra information to this file."
I understand that I need to make a , or to modify a current one, where I can specify the number of nodes.
How do I do that?
I was instructed to use stampede2-knl.ini and try to modify it, but it looks intimidating and I am not sure how to do that. Shall I ask for help from the cluster manager so that I don't
get the specifications wrong?
Do I need to manually buid a *cfg, *sub and *run as well?
Lastly, I once this is accomplished, how do I launch simfactory tto make sure it can engage more than a node in the run?
thanks,
Maria
_______________________
Maria C. Babiuc Hamilton, Ph.D.
Professor, Department of Physics
College of Science, Marshall University,
1 John Marshall Drive, Huntington, WV, 25755
Room S 257, Phone:
(304)696-2754