Hello Lorenzo,
the heavy Fortran code in PITTNull has been giving ifort trouble every
once in a while. Basically it tries to optimize very hard and sometimes
just fails and gives up (or encounters various errors). Sometimes it
may also use too much memory. It is not clear from the error message
part you included what it would be.
The option list looks ok to me.
Please take a look at the "general guidelines for questionss" in
http://einsteintoolkit.org/support.html
If I were in your shoes I would try these two things:
* compile with -O1 (if that works one can restrict it to just that one
file see eg what is done in
repos/mclachlan/ML_ADMConstraints/src/make.code.deps but using -O1
instead of -fp-model precise)
* compile with -j1 (which might help memory consumption if it is a
per-user memory limit and not per process)
The full make.log would be helpful.
Yours,
Roland
> Hi,
> I am trying to compile the Einstein Toolkit on MarconiA3 and I am getting
> the following error:
>
> ifort: error #10106: Fatal error in
> /marconi/prod/opt/compilers/intel/pe-xe-2018/binary/compilers_and_libraries_2018.5.274/linux/bin/intel64/fortcom,
> terminated by kill signal
> compilation aborted for
> /marconi/home/userexternal/lennoggi/ET_2020_11/Cactus/configs/Spritz_UpwindCT/build/NullConstr/NullConstr_R00.f90
> (code 1)
>
> I have tried to compile both at O3 and O2, but that makes no difference. I
> am attaching the optionlist I am using.
>
> Do you have any clue about what may be causing the error?
>
> Thank you,
> Lorenzo
--
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.
_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Prof. Bruno Giacomazzo
Department of Physics
University of Milano-Bicocca
Piazza della Scienza 3
20126 Milano
Italy
email: bruno.giacomazzo@unimib.it
phone: (+39) 02 6448 2321
web: http://www.brunogiacomazzo.org
----------------------------------------------------------------------
There are only 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand binary, and those who don't
----------------------------------------------------------------------