Hi Ian,
> Just a quick comment: maybe it would be possible to isolate all such "extra" functionality in a single source file, and make it clear that this is only present for compatibility, and isn't relevant to the internal workings of the thorn. It is true that
> compatibility code can make things cluttered, but maybe having it separate would be enough?
Thanks for your comment.
Using Carpet/CarpetLib thorns as a template, I was able to figure out how to remove the symlinks. In my previous email, I define [Function A] and [Function B]. Regarding splitting this functionality into a single source file,
* [Function A] exists within a source file called, appropriately enough, "convert_ADM_to_BSSN__enforce_detgtij_eq_1__and_compute_gtupij.C"
* [Function B] exists next to a function that applies a fix ("apply_tau_floor") to the conservative variables, and both exist within a source file called: "apply_tau_floor__enforce_limits_on_primitives_and_recompute_conservs.C"
Now that the symlinks issue has been resolved, I would be happy to hear any suggestions or comments you have regarding the current IllinoisGRMHD & related thorns.