On Thu, Apr 04, 2013 at 02:30:42PM +1100, Chaitanya Shettigara wrote:I almost replied with that advice. :)
> Parameter file: /home/ettest50/Cactus/par/static_tov.par
> Error: could not access simulation base directory
> /scratch/ettest50/simulations for reading and writing
> Aborting Simfactory.
>
> I notice that someone had the same problem back in 2011, and I created the
> directory by hand which seemed to be a solution that worked for him,
This is odd.
> but I keep getting the same error.
This should not be necessary. Everything you run uses your account, so
> I also gave it completely open access permissions in case that was the
> problem.
as long as you can write there simfactory should be happy.
It's tempting to check again that the directory exists, but only you can
> Can anyone advise me on how to solve this problem?
do so (/scratch/ettest50 is on drwx------). If it really does exist
(/scratch/ettest50/simulations) then you probably have found a bug in
simfactory, but an odd one since it seems to work for others.
Can you please send us your simfactory/etc/defs.local.ini file and the
output of 'ls -la /scratch/ettest50/simulations' ?
Frank
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)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=oFnf
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----