Hi, I did not receive the attachment. I checked the parameter and I use the default values which for me are:

BOOLEAN truncate_files "Truncate existing output files from previous runs (except when recovering) ?" STEERABLE = ALWAYS
{
} "yes"

BOOLEAN truncate_files_after_recovering "Truncate existing output files after recovering ?" STEERABLE = RECOVER
{
} "no"

which should be ok, according to the description.

Giovanni

2012/8/1 Einstein Toolkit <trac-noreply@einsteintoolkit.org>
#997: problem in appending output after recovery
-----------------------------------------+----------------------------------
  Reporter:  corvino.giovanni@…          |       Owner:  eschnett
      Type:  defect                      |      Status:  new
  Priority:  major                       |   Milestone:
 Component:  Carpet                      |     Version:
Resolution:                              |    Keywords:
-----------------------------------------+----------------------------------

Comment (by rhaas):

 I just tried this (with the attached parameter file) and it works for me.
 Would you mind posting your parameter file and/or checking the value of
 the ioutil::truncate_files parameter, please?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/997#comment:1>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit



--
______________________________________________________________________

Dr. Giovanni Corvino
University of Rome "Sapienza",
P.le Aldo Moro 5,  00185 Rome, Italy
 Tel:  +39 06 4991 4463                  
______________________________________________________________________