On 17 Aug 2015, at 08:21, Roland Haas <rhaas@aei.mpg.de> wrote:Hello all,This happens a lot. It would be good to be able to put somethingMost thorns support a XXX_DIR=NO_BUILD option which then (depends on the
into the optionlist which told the MPI thorn that it should use an
auto-detected library, rather than building the library.
thorn) may require you to actually specify the location of the libraries
or may still allow searching for it. Basically all auto-detection (with
the exception of MPI which also seems to fail here) should fail on
modern Debian/Ubuntu systems that support "multi-arch" installations
since the libraries are no longer in /usr/lib but in /usr/lib/x86-amd64
or so. Bruno was working on fixing this before the last release but the
results were too fragile to be included in the current release branch.I know about the NO_BUILD option, but was under the impression that it doesn't do or mean what it appears to mean. I can't find any evidence of this at the moment, but I thought there were at least some thorns which would attempt to build anyway, even if you had set NO_BUILD. This would be the case if the thorn didn't know about the NO_BUILD option (external library handling is very nonuniform, with each library having to implement the same logic), but I thought it also happened for some thorns which did know about the option. I might be misremembering though.