Dear ET Users
I have used the recipe described in the "Tutorial for New Users"
The error I get when trying to build simfactory:

checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g -std=c11 -rdynamic) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables (see configs/<configname>/config-data/config.log for details).
Error reconfiguring sim-config
make: *** [sim-config] Error 2

With best regards

Ashiqul Islam Dip






From: "Ian Hinder" <ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de>
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2017 1:44 PM
To: dip@communityofphysics.org
Subject: Re: [Users] Install ET on OSG



On 5 Apr 2017, at 01:19, Ashiqul Islam Dip <dip@communityofphysics.org> wrote:

Dear Einstein Toolkit User,
I was trying to install Einstein Toolkit on Open Science Grid. Their computer runs on Scientific Linux release 6.8 (Carbon). Can anyone tell me how to get ET installed on the system?
Every time I get a "sim-config" error, when I try to build the simfactory.

Hi,

Welcome!

Please can you provide more information?

- What instructions are you following?
- Which step failed?
- What was the error message?

Without such information, we can't really help you...  I don't know if anyone has tried on the OSG before, but Scientific Linux should work (or it should be possible to make it work, if it doesn't work immediately from an existing optionlist).