Steve

Setting all refinement factors to 1 is a special case that isn't explicitly handled by Carpet. Carpet thus still assumes that time interpolation may be necessary, and requires sufficiently many time levels for the requested time prolongation order. You can set the time prolongation order to 0 (which corresponds to "copy nearest available data without interpolation"), which requires only 1 time level.

-erik


On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 4:02 PM, Steven R. Brandt <sbrandt@cct.lsu.edu> wrote:
I want to disable subcycling in time. To do this, I followed Erik's
advice and set

Carpet::time_refinement_factors = "[1,1,1]"

However, I still get this error message:

ERROR from host sbrandt-think.cct.lsu.edu process 0
   while executing schedule bin (none), routine (no thorn)::(no routine)
   in thorn CarpetLib, file
/home/sbrandt/cactus/CactusFW2/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetLib/src/ggf.cc:379:
   -> The variable "FUNWAVE::mask" has only 1 active time levels, which
is not enough for boundary prolongation of order 1
cactus_sim:
/home/sbrandt/cactus/CactusFW2/arrangements/Carpet/Carpet/src/helpers.cc:324:
int Carpet::Abort(const cGH*, int): Assertion `0' failed.

If my time refinement is 1, then 1 time level should be adequate. Right?

Cheers,
Steve
_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users



--
Erik Schnetter <schnetter@cct.lsu.edu>
http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/personal/eschnetter/