/home/fayo/Cactus/configs/sim/scratch/build/LORENE/Lorene/Lib/
Dear allhelp for this error[/home/fayo/Cactus/configs/sim/scratch/build/LORENE/ Lorene/Lib/liblorenef77.a] Error With Best Regards!!!------------------------------------------------------------ ------- Feyiso Sado Bedecha (PhD), StudentAddis Ababa University, Department of PhysicsCell Phone: +251910626090E-mail: bsfeyiso@gmail.comP.O.Box: 1176EthiopiaOn Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 8:00 PM, <users-request@einsteintoolkit.org > wrote:Send Users mailing list submissions to
users@einsteintoolkit.org
To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
users-request@einsteintoolkit.org
You can reach the person managing the list at
users-owner@einsteintoolkit.org
When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Users digest..."
Today's Topics:
1. Re: problems of reproducing the simulation of binary neutron
star with different mass (???)
2. European Einstein Toolkit meeting 2018 -- reminder (Miguel Zilh?o)
3. Configure Error While Compiling (Jared Coughlin)
------------------------------------------------------------ ----------
Message: 1
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 07:53:34 +0000
From: ??? <r06222015@ntu.edu.tw>
Subject: Re: [Users] problems of reproducing the simulation of binary
neutron star with different mass
To: "rhaas@ncsa.illinois.edu" <rhaas@ncsa.illinois.edu>
Cc: Einstein Toolkit Users <users@einsteintoolkit.org>
Message-ID: <6833862305f44d82834b36c54a73f54b@ntu.edu.tw >
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="big5"
Dear Roland,
I found the tracking problem is very obvious that the canter of mass moves toward right.
Therefore,I have tried the thorn you mentioned (https://bitbucket.org/zach_etienne/wvuthorns_diagnostics ).
However I met some problem. I added following lines in nsnstohmns.th
# wvuthorns_diagnostics
!TARGET = $ARR
!TYPE = git
!URL = https://bitbucket.org/zach_etienne/wvuthorns_diagnostics.git
!REPO_PATH= $2
!CHECKOUT =
wvuthorns_diagnostics/VolumeIntegrals_GRMHD
and following lines in nsnstohmns.par
ActiveThorns = "VolumeIntegrals_GRMHD"
VolumeIntegrals_GRMHD::volintegral_sphere__center_x_initial[ 101] ="0.0"
VolumeIntegrals_GRMHD::volintegral_sphere__center_y_initial[ 101] ="0.0"
VolumeIntegrals_GRMHD::volintegral_sphere__center_z_initial[ 101] ="0.0"
then I ran the command in order to obtain the thorn VolumeIntegrals_GRMHD :
./GetComponents thornlists/nsnstohmns.th
but the following error occurs
Error: Thorn VolumeIntegrals_GRMHD not found
Activation failed - 1 errors in activation sequence
WARNING level 0 from host nid02749 process 0
while executing schedule bin (none), routine (no thorn)::(no routine)
in thorn Cactus, file /global/u1/c/chlin/Cactus/src/main/SetParams.c:93:
-> CCTKi_SetParameter: Error at line 585 in parameter file /scratch1/scratchdirs/chlin/simulations/nsns_09_063_thorn_te st5/output-0000/nsnstohmns.par while activating thorns
I wonder that I missed some steps since it is my first time to add a new thorn. Is there any possible solution?
Thank you.
Best regards,
Chia-Hui
________________________________
???: Roland Haas <rhaas@illinois.edu>
????: 2018?5?15? ?? 08:16:12
???: ???
??: Einstein Toolkit Users
??: Re: [Users] problems of reproducing the simulation of binary neutron star with different mass
Hello Chia-Hui,
> I do not quite understand what causes ,in your example,
>
> CarpetRegrid2::position_x_1 = 42.
> CarpetRegrid2::position_x_2 = -17
>
> to become fail.
This has to do with the way that the thorn GRHydro_Analysis that looks
for the location of the star works. It first determines the location on
the grid with the largest density, then it computes a center of mass
integral in a region around that point. This computed center of mass if
used as the location of the star and to move boxes. There is code in
thorn NSTracker that uses this single found location and moves two
refined regions to (x,y,z) and (-x,-y,z) where (x,y,z) is the found
location of the star.
There are two reasons why this does not work well with unequal masses:
1. it only looks for a single star and bases that star's location on
the highest density
2. NSTracker makes the hard-coded assumption that the two regions that
cover the star are mirror immages of each other
In your case since the star at -17 (always assuming you actually have
set up a grid that has no symmetries) is the heavier one (since it is
closer to the center of rotation) and thus has the higher central
density, therefore GRHydro_Analysis will use it as the star to track
and thus will find the star location to be (-17,0,0) when it looks for
the star.
> In my case, if the initial location of the binary star is (-34.59
> km , 45.41 km) , I should set
>
> CarpetRegrid2::position_x_1 = -34.59/1.48=-23.37
> CarpetRegrid2::position_x_2 = 45.41/1.48=30.68
>
> right?
Yes that is correct.
> Would this soon be set to (-23.37,23.37)? Because the mass difference
> is not so much, I am wondering whether there exists some maximum value
> of mass ratio which can tolerate small mass difference.
>
> By the way ,the link https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1974
> seems not work. I would like to check it up.
Thank you for pointing this out. It seems that there is an endless
redirection loop in the trac website already for
https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org
Yours,
Roland
--
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/attachments /20180613/0a113ee2/attachment- 0001.html
------------------------------
Message: 2
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 15:23:30 +0100
From: Miguel Zilh?o <miguel.zilhao.nogueira@tecnico.ulisboa.pt >
Subject: [Users] European Einstein Toolkit meeting 2018 -- reminder
To: Einstein Toolkit Users <users@einsteintoolkit.org>
Message-ID: <a20dc9f7-b42f-d2c9-732d-52f2a34c10c9@tecnico.ulisboa.pt >
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Dear all,
Just a reminder about the European Einstein Toolkit meeting 2018, to be held in Lisbon in September
(10 to 13). If you haven't registered and would like to attend, please do so. We would also like to
encourage everyone wishing to speak to submit an abstract.
Please use the following link to register and find more information:
https://centra.tecnico.ulisboa.pt/network/grit/einsteintoolk it2018/
Hope to see you in September!
Miguel
------------------------------
Message: 3
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 11:57:50 -0400
From: Jared Coughlin <Jared.W.Coughlin.29@nd.edu>
Subject: [Users] Configure Error While Compiling
To: users@einsteintoolkit.org
Message-ID:
<CAJmgh08q3AHxvW+jFfN4cW1w43DzwobUiFe7_9mmV0ne2nWjyQ@mail. >gmail.com
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
Hello! My adviser is trying to install the Einstein Toolkit, but getting
the following error when compiling:
configure: WARNING: Did not find a suitable static opal hwloc component
He's compiling on the same cluster that I did (and following the same
instructions), and it worked with no issues for me, which is odd. He also
said that running the GetComponents script fails to get some of the
components (again, I did not have this problem), so I'm guessing that that
is the real issue. I was just wondering if anyone knew why the
GetComponents script would fail or, if the error is unrelated to that, what
it means? Thanks!
Sincerely,
-Jared
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/attachments /20180613/e2dc19a3/attachment- 0001.html
------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
End of Users Digest, Vol 99, Issue 13
*************************************