Dear all,

 

(1)

I tried to compile simfactory on a German HPC (HLRN4) at Goettingen

named “Emmy” - probably from Emmy Noether as she worked a long time there. (She is well-known from the Noether-theorem and abstract algebra)

 

Unfortunately linking was not successful:

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

/usr/bin/ld: warning: libgfortran.so.3, needed by /lib/../lib64/liblapack.so, may conflict with libgfortran.so.5

/usr/bin/ld: /home/shicfdfh/Einstein-toolkit/Cactus/configs/sim/scratch/external/hwloc/lib/libhwloc.a(topology-linux.o): undefined reference to symbol 'udev_device_unref@@LIBUDEV_183'

/usr/lib64/libudev.so.1: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line

collect2: Fehler: ld gab 1 als Ende-Status zurück

make[1]: *** [/home/shicfdfh/Einstein-toolkit/Cactus/exe/cactus_sim] Fehler 1

make: *** [sim] Fehler 2

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Remark: “Fehler” is German and means ERROR.

 

(2)

meanwhile I received feedback from our HPC-support:

 

He says: libudev.so.1  contains demanded ref to “183” and he asks if the order of options in the specific command-line is right:

(from stackoverflow)

 

"...Explanation: the linking is dependent on the order of modules.

Symbols are first requested, and then linked in from a library that has them. So you have to specify modules that use libraries first, and libraries after them. "

 

I must admit, that I’m not able to locate the line/file to which this might apply

 

(3)

Does anybody have an idea which may resolve the bug ?

 

Many thanks in advance advance and best wishes

 

Alois Peter from Kiel, Germany