Hello Gabriele, sorry for the long wait for a response. I am still looking at the issue. I just want you to know we haven't forgotten you.
--Steve
Hi,
I am running the latest release of the Einstein Toolkit withCactus::presync_mode = "mixed-error". When I add the thorn
CarpetMask, the system returns an error: CarpetMask wantssf_info from SphericalSurface, which is not available.
Looking at the scheduler, I can see why this is happening(relevant section):
GROUP MaskBase_SetupMask: Set up the weight function
GROUP MaskBase_SetupMaskAll: Set up the weight function
CarpetReduce::MaskBase_AllocateMask: [global] Allocate the weight function
CarpetReduce::MaskBase_InitMask: [global] [loop-local] Initialise the weight function
GROUP SetupIMaskInternal: Set up the integer weight function (schedule other routines in here)
CarpetReduce::CoordBase_SetupMask: [global] [loop-local] Set up the outer boundaries of the weight function
CarpetReduce::CarpetMaskSetup: [global] [loop-singlemap] Set up the weight function for the restriction regions
GROUP SetupIMask: Set up the integer weight function (schedule other routines in here)
CarpetMask::CarpetExcludedSetup: [global] [loop-local] Set up the weight function for the excluded regions
CarpetMask::CarpetSurfaceSetup: [global] [loop-local] Set up the weight function for the excluded spherical surfaces
CarpetReduce::MaskBase_SetMask: [global] [loop-local] Set the weight function
GROUP SetupMask: Set up the real weight function (schedule other routines in here)
CarpetReduce::MaskBase_TestMask: [global] Test the weight function
SphericalSurface::SphericalSurface_Set: [global] Set surface radii to be used for initial setup in other thorns
GROUP SphericalSurface_HasBeenSet: Set the spherical surfaces before this group, and use it afterwards
SphericalSurface::SphericalSurface_CheckState: [global] Test the state of the spherical surfaces
As you see, CarpetMask is scheduled before SphericalSurface_Set,which is what sets sf_info. This is in the BASEGRID bin.
Since I haven't touched neither CarpetMask nor SphericalSurface, Iwould think this is a bug, but I maybe I am doing something wrong(I've never used presync_mode before).
I also take the chance to point out two tickets Pedro Espino and Iopened but received no attention:https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2487/_evolution_method-leanbssnmol-in-lean-does
Best,
Gabriele
_______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users