Roland

Yes, such a converter exists; it is part of the SimulationIO package <https://github.com/eschnett/SimulationIO>, and is called "sio-convert-carpet-output". It should be built by the default makefile target.

You call it as "./sio-convert-carpet-outputĀ [--copy|--extlink]? <output file name> {<input file name>}*". There is one output file, and there can be multiple input files (e.g. one for each process). The "copy" option copies datasets, the "extlink" option creates external links to the original HDF5 files. The latter is faster and creates smaller files, but you obviously need to keep the originals around, and need to preserve their path (either their relative or absolute path, depending on what you specified on the command line).

I believe one of these two options is currently broken in the development version, sorry about this. I don't recall which.

-erik


On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 5:01 PM, Roland Haas <rhaas@illinois.edu> wrote:
Hello Jonah, Einstein Toolkit users,

I think you were working on a plugin to read S5 files into yt, right?
Do you also have a converter tool to convert CarpetIOHDF5 3d output
files (vertex centered, mesh refined) to S5 files? If only cell
centering is supported this is also fine as or this project a slight
inaccuracy does not matter.

I would be working with Nathan Goldbaum locally to read them into yt so
once I have them in that format I will hopefully be home free.

Yours,
Roland

--
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users




--
Erik Schnetter <schnetter@cct.lsu.edu>
http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/personal/eschnetter/