On 7 Feb 2012, at 17:44, Erik Schnetter wrote:
Bernard
The PGI compiler is often picky about what C++/OpenMP constructs it
accepts. Do you want to try the Intel compiler instead? I've been
using it successfully on Kraken.
Hi Bernard,
Are you compiling using SimFactory's optionlist? If you use "sim build", as you mentioned, then it will by default pick up kraken-intel.cfg and will use the Intel compiler.
The build should not depend on the modules you have loaded, as SimFactory sets all the variables etc. itself. When you tried the Cactus make mechanism, what optionlist were you giving it? Cactus auto-detection is unlikely to work out of the box for the entire ET.
My previous email about the Kraken software upgrade was wrong - they have postponed the upgrade. However, I have not compiled on Kraken for a while, so it may be that something else changed there.
-erik
On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Kelly, Bernard J.
(GSFC-660.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY]
<
bernard.j.kelly@nasa.gov> wrote:
Hi Erik.
Thanks for the advice. I commented out all references to "signbit", and to
"kifpos" lower down, and it now gets through the Vectors thorn. I'm now
hitting an issue with an omp pragma in CarpetLib, but that's a separate
problem.
BTW, I just tried to create a ticket (about the signbit issue) on
trac.einsteintoolkit.org, but ...
"Submission rejected as potential spam"
I thought it was the list of modules I put in, but even without them it
gets blocked.
Also, the TRAC system doesn't list the Maxwell release (ET_2011_10) as a
possible "version", which makes it hard to give an accurate report.
Bernard
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
Bernard Kelly -- CRESST Research Associate, NASA/GSFC
Phone: +1 (301) 286-7243
E-Mail: bernard.j.kelly@nasa.gov
Web:
http://science.gsfc.nasa.gov/sed/index.cfm?fuseAction=people.jumpBio&iphone
bookid=13052
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
On 2/6/12 11:17 PM, "Erik Schnetter" <schnetter@cct.lsu.edu> wrote:
Bernard
test.cc is just a self-test. You can try commenting out the respective
code (or the whole routine), and see where this gets you.
Carpet (which may also use signbit) has a different, more complex
logic to handle various levels of C++ compliance, and may actually
still do the right thing.
-erik
On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 10:53 PM, Kelly, Bernard J.
(GSFC-660.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY]
<bernard.j.kelly@nasa.gov> wrote:
Hi all.
I recently checked out ETK Maxwell on the machine XSEDE machine Kraken,
and am having trouble compiling and running a simple test case. The
problem is with LSUThorns/Vectors/src/test.cc, where the "signbit"
function is (apparently) undefined. No doubt the problem recurs with
later
source files, but I can't get past this one without abandoning Vectors
and
hence all of Carpet.
Now I can compile a "hello world" program in C invoking signbit.cc
without
a problem, as long as I include <math.h>, so presumably the ETK process
is
looking in the wrong location for this library or its headers.
Since Kraken is a "known" machine in ETK's simfactory, and lots of
Numerical Relativity groups must have used it during the recently
expired
"NR-AR" allocation, I assume the problem's at my end. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Bernard
Some details:
(1) I initially used the simfactory "build" mechanism, but I have this
problem with a straightforward Cactus "make" as well.
(2) Here's a list of my loaded modules on Kraken. I'm using the PGI
compilers (item 18 below):
1) modules/3.1.6.5
2) torque/2.4.14
3) moab/5.4.3.s16991
4) /opt/cray/xt-asyncpe/default/modulefiles/xtpe-istanbul
5) tgusage/3.0-r2
6) altd/1.0
7) DefApps
8) xtpe-target-cnl
9) xt-service/2.2.74
10) xt-os/2.2.74
11) xt-boot/2.2.74
12) xt-lustre-ss/2.2.74_1.6.5
13) cray/job/1.5.5-0.1_2.0202.21413.56.7
14) cray/csa/3.0.0-1_2.0202.21426.77.7
15) cray/account/1.0.0-2.0202.19482.49.18
16) cray/projdb/1.0.0-1.0202.19483.52.1
17) Base-opts/2.2.74
18) pgi/11.4.0
19) xt-libsci/10.5.02
20) pmi/2.1.4-1.0000.8596.15.1.ss
21) xt-mpt/5.2.3
22) xt-pe/2.2.74
23) xt-asyncpe/4.9
24) PrgEnv-pgi/2.2.74
25) cray/MySQL/5.0.64-1.0202.2899.21.1
26) git/1.7.4.2
27) python/2.6.4
28) mercurial/1.6.4
29) subversion/1.6.9
30) hdf5-parallel/1.6.10
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
--
Bernard Kelly -- CRESST Research Associate, NASA/GSFC
Phone: +1 (301) 286-7243
E-Mail: bernard.j.kelly@nasa.gov
Web:
http://science.gsfc.nasa.gov/sed/index.cfm?fuseAction=people.jumpBio&ipho
ne
bookid=13052
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
--
_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
--
Erik Schnetter <schnetter@cct.lsu.edu> http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/
--
Erik Schnetter <
schnetter@cct.lsu.edu>
http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.orghttp://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users