Hello all,
I would like to remove the
allocation = NO_ALLOCATION
lines from simfactory's machine definition files.
They seem to have not benefit that I can see and cause two types of
problems:
* simfactory does not default to the allocation in the [default]
section which is the only one set up when doing sim setup on the
cluster itself
* simfactory does not warn/abort if no allocation is set for the
cluster since as far as simfactory is concerned, there actually is an
allocation defined (namely "NO_ALLOCATION"). This is eventually
caught by qsub and friends but simfactory's handling of qsub errors
is not very good unfortunately
Does anyone remember why we introduced NO_ALLOCATION? And would anyone
object to remove it from all the affected ini files (which is most of
them it seems).
Yours,
Roland
--
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.
_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users