On 10/23/2013 11:23 AM, Erik Schnetter wrote:
I believe these benchmark parameter files are wildly out of date and should be removed.

These days, we auto-generate benchmark files based on the target system to ensure that the benchmark parameters are scaled correctly. I have some script in Simfactory that do this. There is a low-level interface to the scripts where you (unfortunately) need to set many parameters (nodes, cores, processes, threads, SMT threads, memory to be used, CPU time to be used, etc.), and a high-level interface where you (unfortunately) basically cannot set anything since these are all chosen automatically... I should give an overview in person; would next Monday during the ET call make sense?
I think it would.

Cheers,
Steve

-erik

On 2013-10-23, at 11:40 , Roland Haas <roland.haas@physics.gatech.edu> wrote:

Signed PGP part
Hello Steve,

here the ones I know of:

BenchIO

        
BSSN_MoL
this is the CCATIE code. AEI private and not to be used anymore as far
as I know (superseded by MacLachlan).

FlexIO IOFlexIO
Old IO libraries. Used only with PUGH.

whisky_init_data
this is now GRHydro_InitData

whisky
this is now GRHydro

whisky_rnsid
this uses a private version of RNSID (original RNSID stand alone code
by Nick Stergioulas then extended). Rumour (and me talking to Nick
when I met him accidentally in Germany) has it that a new public
version of RNSID that contains (most of?) these features is being
prepared. Frank would know I think.

Are these out of date? Are there better files to use for
benchmarking?
Mostly they are out of data I'd say. For benchmarking I'd use the tov
and vacuum files from the xirel project. Alternatively I think Erik
send around some of his benchmarking files a while ago.

Yours,
Roland

--
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users

      

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users