Dear Ian,

Sorry that I did not notice that I used a wrong directory. And after I corrected , it works!
Since I wanted to plot gravitational waveforms, I followed the steps in the Wolfram CDF file about gravitational waveforms. However I met a problem when I want to read ADM mass :

Since it is my first time to use Mathematica, I am not sure what this error message is about.
How should I set ProviderPreferences["InitialData"]?

Best regards,

Chia-Hui Lin


寄件者: ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de <ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de>
寄件日期: 2018年2月10日 下午 04:31:02
收件者: 林家暉
副本: rhaas@ncsa.illinois.edu; Einstein Toolkit Users; Eloisa Bentivegna
主旨: Re: [Users] questions about compilation
 


On 10 Feb 2018, at 06:11, 林家暉 <r06222015@ntu.edu.tw> wrote:

Dear Ian,
I followed the steps in this page:
I have installed both SimulationTools and h5mma into my home directory in Edison, but I cannot move it to ~/Library/Mathematica/Applications which seems to be a required step :
<螢幕快照 2018-02-10 下午1.31.47.png>
the message is below:
<螢幕快照 2018-02-10 下午1.38.10.png>

Hi,

The instructions say

SimulationTools is available as a tar.gz file containing the SimulationTools application directory.  The SimulationTools directory should be placed in ~/Library/Mathematica/Applications on Mac OS, and ~/.Mathematica/Applications on Linux. 

Since you are using Linux on Edison, you need to place it in ~/.Mathematica/Application, which is in your home directory.

There are equivalent download instructions at

http://simulationtools.org/download.shtml

which might clarify this.


By the way, I have installed NX,which is a computer program that handles remote X Window System connections to run Methematica. And I tried directly load SimulationTools (maybe there is SimulationTools already installed in Edison, or maybe I can load SimulationTools even it is located in my home directory) like below:
<螢幕快照 2018-02-10 下午2.03.30.png>
It failed, so SimulationTools seems to be required to move to Application directory of Mathematica.

Yes, that should fix the problem.

NX is good; that should be fast enough to use Mathematica remotely.

Good luck, and please keep asking questions if you need help!

-- 
Ian Hinder
http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin