Workshop participants,

It seems my link pointed to etk-os.zip instead of etk-os2.zip.  Funny how a mere character can make all the difference!  It should work for you now.

Let me know if you have any difficulties.  I will have USB sticks with the .zip files available during early registration.

Regards,


Dennis Castleberry
dcastl2@tigers.lsu.edu


On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 3:48 AM, Dennis Castleberry <dcastl2@tigers.lsu.edu> wrote:
Dear workshop participants,

You may now access the virtual disk image at cct.lsu.edu/~dcastl2.  Click on the date to access the corresponding version of the disk image (the latest is from 04/02).  Note that it is zip-compressed.  For now, some brief instructions for loading the disk image are available in the 03/27 log.  The workshop session on the tutorial environment will demonstrate the process of loading and booting the disk image.

If you decide to experiment with the disk image and experience any difficulties, please let me know.

Regards,


Dennis Castleberry
dcastl2@tigers.lsu.edu


On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 5:10 PM, Kofuji, Jussara M <jmk6@mail.gatech.edu> wrote:


Hi Frank Loeffler,

I'm attending the Einstein Toolkit Workshop, and I'm testing the tutorial for new users: https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Tutorial_for_New_Users

We need the access to NFS TeraGrid resource Queen Bee ? I have requested an account for me to use during the workshop.

About VirtualBox I have installed already, but I haven't created any virtual machine yet.


Thanks,


--
Jussara Marandola kofuji
Visiting Researcher

School of Computational Science and Engineering
Klaus Advanced Computing Building
Georgia Institute of Technology
266 Ferst Drive
Atlanta, GA 30332-0765

Location:  1st Floor – Room 1320
Phone:  404-784-0126
Email: jmk6@mail.gatech.edu





----- Original Message -----
From: "Frank Loeffler" <knarf@cct.lsu.edu>
To: workshop-all@einsteintoolkit.org
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 2:41:37 PM
Subject: [Workshop-all] Virtualbox installation

Hello everybody

During the Einstein Toolkit workshop next week we will use VirtualBox
to run a virtual machine on participant laptops. It would be beneficial
(although it is not necessary) to install VirtualBox before you come to
the workshop. You can find information about how to do that here:

 https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

You do not need to create any virtual machine yet. Just download and
install the VirtualBox software itself, and if you like get familiar
with it. We will provide a disk image, instructions and help at the
workshop.

Frank Loeffler


_______________________________________________
Workshop-all mailing list
Workshop-all@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/workshop-all
_______________________________________________
Workshop-all mailing list
Workshop-all@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/workshop-all