[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #105: fatal: git checkout: updating paths is incompatible with switching branches.

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Sun Nov 21 09:16:01 CST 2010

#105: fatal: git checkout: updating paths is incompatible with switching
branches.
  Reporter:  knarf          |       Owner:  eric9
      Type:  defect         |      Status:  new
 Component:  GetComponents  |     Version:
Resolution:                 |    Keywords:
Changes (by knarf):

 * cc: ian.hinder@… (added)
  * milestone:  => ET_2010_11

Old description:

> Using the current ET_2010_11 GetComponents with
> https://svn.einsteintoolkit.org/manifest/branches/ET_2010_11/einsteintoolkit.th
> gives the error message:
>
> fatal: git checkout: updating paths is incompatible with switching
> branches.
>
> for three repositories:
>
>   Unable to process KrancNumericalTools/GenericFD
>   Unable to process McLachlan/doc
>   Unable to process Carpet/doc

New description:

 Using the current ET_2010_11 GetComponents with
 https://svn.einsteintoolkit.org/manifest/branches/ET_2010_11/einsteintoolkit.th
 gives the error message:

 fatal: git checkout: updating paths is incompatible with switching
 branches.

 for three repositories:

   Unable to process KrancNumericalTools/GenericFD
   Unable to process McLachlan/doc
   Unable to process Carpet/doc

 However, they are the first of each git-block, so this seems to be a
 general git problem. I don't get anything looking like ET_2010_11 in
 .git/config, so I assume switching to the branch didn't work. Either this
 is a problem in GetComponents, or the branches are really not there (how
 can I check this?)

Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/105#comment:1>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit