[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #207: Cactus should have an option to store the mpirun command needed to run test cases

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Wed Jan 26 15:39:05 CST 2011

#207: Cactus should have an option to store the mpirun command needed to run test
cases
  Reporter:  eschnett     |       Owner:
      Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  reopened
 Component:  Cactus       |     Version:
Resolution:               |    Keywords:

Comment (by knarf):

 Replying to [comment:2 eschnett]:
 > I don't see this variable mentioned anywhere except in the test suite.
 Does Cactus really remember this setting when I configure it? How can I
 then extract it later?

 No, it doesn't remember it. However, you only have to set it once for a
 given system (say, in your shell startup file, or within simfactory).
 Automated tests are possible using this variable.

 I agree that Cactus could store whatever it reads on stdin for an
 interactive testsuite-run though, and make that the default when started a
 second time. This wouldn't help much with automated tests except something
 'knows' how Cactus remembers that (but it shouldn't do that, it should
 instead use the environment variable). We could in addition do the same
 for the number of mpi processes used for the testsuites - which also looks
 at an environment variable at the moment.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/207#comment:3>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>