[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #436: NaNs in the AMR boundary closest to Pi symmetry boundary around 10M of evolution

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Fri Jul 1 00:10:45 CDT 2011

#436: NaNs in the AMR boundary closest to Pi symmetry boundary around 10M of
evolution
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
  Reporter:  bmundim                |       Owner:
      Type:  defect                 |      Status:  new
 Component:  EinsteinToolkit thorn  |     Version:
Resolution:                         |    Keywords:
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------

Comment (by bmundim):

 I changed VECTORISE_ALIGNED_ARRAYS to "no" according to Erik's comment
 below:

 "In the light of recent events I would like to point out again that you
 should not be using the configuration option VECTORISE_ALIGNED_ARRAYS.
 Some time ago, I accidentally committed (and later undid) a
 corresponding change to SimFactory. This option enables experimental
 changes in the Mercurial version of Carpet and is likely to lead to
 nans or other inconsistencies in your simulations. Please check your
 configuration options..."

 It didn't solve the problem, but I thought to keep it noted after this
 test.
 Note that the Carpet hg changeset was still an old one for this test: tip
 at
 3287. I will update the tree for the next tests.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/436#comment:2>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>