[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #471: GetComponents: Allow !ANON_USER and !ANON_PASS not to be specified in a cvs checkout.

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Sat Jul 9 18:17:11 CDT 2011

#471: GetComponents: Allow !ANON_USER and !ANON_PASS not to be specified in a cvs
checkout.
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bmundim        |       Owner:  eric9
     Type:  defect         |      Status:  new
 I would like to checkout cvs modules from a repository
 where ssh keys and ssh-agent are used to allow for a
 passwordless checkout. At the moment GetComponent doesn't seem to
 handle well this case. For example, once my keys are hold
 by ssh-agent the following command allows me to checkout
 cvs_module located at cvs_repo_path on cvsrepo repository:

 cvs -d :ext:cvsrepo:cvs_repo_path co path_to_module/cvs_module

 However if I set on the CRL file the following directives:

 !TARGET   = $ARR
 !TYPE     = cvs
 !URL      = :ext:cvsrepo:cvs_repo_path
 !REPO_PATH = path_to_module/$1
 !CHECKOUT =
 cvs_module

 I got the following error:

   Checking out module: cvs_module
       from repository: :@:ext:cvsrepo:cvs_repo_path
                  into: Cactus/arrangements
 Executing: cvs -z9 -q -d :@:ext:cvsrepo:cvs_repo_path checkout  cvs_module
        In: Cactus/arrangements
 cvs checkout: Unknown method (`@') in CVSROOT.
 cvs [checkout aborted]: Bad CVSROOT: `:@:ext:cvsrepo:cvs_repo_path'.

 This happens because GetComponents expects the directives
 !ANON_USER and !ANON_PASS to be specified in a anonymous checkout
 (as I usually set when I use ssh keys to authenticate my access to
 a particular repository). However in doing so it prevents a
 passwordless checkout. The attached patch fix this problem, but
 maybe the best solution would be to allow the user to
 specify a promptless !AUTH_URL directive so that "$user:$pass\@"
 is not included in the repository specification.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/471>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>