[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #607: Reduce size of table on http://einsteintoolkit.org/release-info/parse_testsuite_results.php

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Fri Oct 7 15:12:57 CDT 2011

#607: Reduce size of table on http://einsteintoolkit.org/release-
info/parse_testsuite_results.php
--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
  Reporter:  eschnett                 |       Owner:  dcastl2
      Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  assigned
 Component:  EinsteinToolkit website  |     Version:
Resolution:                           |    Keywords:
--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Comment (by eschnett):

 Is there anything wrong with not setting the font size at all? Presumably,
 there is a default font size, and that is reasonable, and users have set
 up their browsers such that this default looks well. Otherwise, if there
 is no good such default, then we should do the same as other prominent
 sites, e.g. copying the font size from Google's results or from
 Wikipedia's articles.

 It could also be that the font size (or rather, how large a font appears)
 depends on the font style. We use Helvetica, which looks different from
 what "normal" text looks like; maybe Helvetica is by default just a bit
 larger than other fonts. That's a known effect for TT (typewriter) fonts;
 if one embeds a TT element in the page, it looks much too large by
 comparison, even if one doesn't change the default size. Who knows what
 benefits that has.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/607#comment:9>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>