[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #971: global-early, loop-local routines in PostRegrid cause access to elements outside of a vector capacity

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Sat Jul 7 19:32:08 CDT 2012

#971: global-early, loop-local routines in PostRegrid cause access to elements
outside of a vector capacity
  Reporter:  rhaas   |       Owner:  eschnett
      Type:  defect  |      Status:  review
 Component:  Carpet  |     Version:
Resolution:          |    Keywords:
Changes (by rhaas):

  * status:  new => review

Comment:

 Attached please find patches that rewrite the scheduling of
 HydroBase::Hydrobase_InitExcision and SetMask_SphericalSurface to avoid
 using global-early in postregrid. The patches revert #958 (for HydroBase)
 and schedule SetMask_SphericalSurface in local mode during postregrid (but
 leave it global loop-local in poststep).

 The patches to AHFinderDirect and CarpetMask remove AFTER statements that
 were void since the referenced group does not exist in the schedule bin in
 question or add comments.

 I'll also prepare a patch for Carpet to forbit global-early routines in
 PostRegrid, though I am not quite sure yet how to achieve this since only
 CallFunction looks at the attributes but it does no longer know which bin
 we are in I think.

 Ok to apply?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/971#comment:5>