[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #776: GetCompoents/git stalls when cloneing a repository with only a single commit

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Tue Mar 20 10:27:45 CDT 2012

#776: GetCompoents/git stalls when cloneing a repository with only a single
commit
  Reporter:  rhaas          |       Owner:  eric9
      Type:  defect         |      Status:  reopened
 Component:  GetComponents  |     Version:
Resolution:                 |    Keywords:

Comment (by rhaas):

 oh. That would explain why it would check out substepoutput of course. I
 just checked a bit more carefully and my claim that substepoutput contains
 only a single commit is incorrect (there are 4 commits). So that bug
 report should be updated to:
 {{{
 git clone --depth=1 https://bitbucket.org/ianhinder/substepoutput.git
 }}}
 stalls (and using the "git" protocoll requires a public key apparently).
 This might just be an issue with bitbucket then, since shallow checkouts
 for carpet/git used to work (and those for MacLachlan do still work it
 seems)

 It is however possible to clone the full repository (either depth=0 or no
 depth at all).

 Sorry for the confusion.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/776#comment:3>