[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #1170: ExtrenalLibraries handle XXX_DIR XXX_INC_DIRS and XXX_LIB_DIRS incosistently

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Tue Nov 6 19:57:40 CST 2012

#1170: ExtrenalLibraries handle XXX_DIR XXX_INC_DIRS and XXX_LIB_DIRS
incosistently
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
  Reporter:  rhaas                  |       Owner:
      Type:  defect                 |      Status:  new
 Component:  EinsteinToolkit thorn  |     Version:
Resolution:                         |    Keywords:  ExternalLibraries
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------

Comment (by eschnett):

 There are many different MPI implementations, and they all differ in the
 way in which they install their include and library directories. Hence
 thorn MPI needs to provide much flexibility.

 There is only one HDF5 library, and it is installed in the same way on all
 systems we've encountered so far, hence no HDF5_INC_DIRS option has been
 necessary yet.

 LAPACK and BLAS do not provide any include files, hence they do not need
 this option (it would be unused). We could add LAPACK_LIB_DIR, but then we
 don't need LAPACK_DIR any more, since it would exactly override it.

 In short: the current setup makes very much sense for each library. We can
 unify this, which would be cleaner, but would likely not gain any new
 functionality from it.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1170#comment:1>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>