[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #1102: when using the file reader, mark variables not requested fro reading as fully read

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Sat Oct 20 14:56:53 CDT 2012

#1102: when using the file reader, mark variables not requested fro reading as
fully read
  Reporter:  rhaas   |       Owner:  eschnett
      Type:  defect  |      Status:  review
 Component:  Carpet  |     Version:
Resolution:          |    Keywords:

Comment (by eschnett):

 The patch marks all past timelevels as "read completely". I believe there
 is a per-variable option to read past timelevel, and e.g. the event
 horizon finder may depend on this. Can you check this?

 Yes, the two check that end in "continue" should be superfluous; I would
 avoid them to simplify the logic.

 I don't understand the last hunk (line 802 in the original). If
 called_from != FILEREADER_DATA, then do_inVars is now always ignored? Why?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1102#comment:2>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>