[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #1241: AHFinderDirect is not using the correct origin when "track_origin_from_grid_scalar = yes" when setting up ellipsoid

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Fri Feb 1 01:52:33 CST 2013

#1241: AHFinderDirect is not using the correct origin when
"track_origin_from_grid_scalar = yes" when setting up ellipsoid
----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  reisswig@…                  |        Type:  defect
Milestone:                              |   Component:  EinsteinToolkit thorn
  Version:                              |    Keywords:
----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Problem: My horizon will appear sometimes during the simulation at some
 position. I don't know this position in advance, so I set origin_* and
 AHFinderDirect::initial_guess__coord_sphere__*_center to zero initially in
 my par-file. However, I have a grid scalar which tracks the coordinate
 location where the horizon will eventually appear.
 When the horizon finder starts to search for a horizon, it will first
 setup the coordinate ellipsoid. This routine is executed *before* the new
 origin is set from the grid scalar.
 The tracking occurs in the routine Newton(...). The ellipsoid is set
 before Newton(...) gets executed. Hence, the ellipsoid uses the value that
 got set via parameters (which would be zero in my case).

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1241>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>